Question on what control to use when nesting relational data on a

Guest

Hello,

I've developed in asp 6.0 a bit and am fooling around with asp.net 2.0.

In asp 6.0 I displayed report type pages by generating dynamic HTML and
wrote to the page using "respone.write"....

In asp.net 2.0 I like the idea of the form view control and putting
controls/data where I want them to be and data binding everything. This
works great until the data relations get a little more complex.

I want to display the parent table information... then the child table
information (could be one or many rows) and then the grandchild table
information (also could be one or many rows) all on one page without having
to mess with expanding any areas of the page. It is a true report format but
a tool like crystal reports is not an option.

I've messed around with nesting form view controls, but can't get them to
link relationally even though foreign key / primary key relations exist.

Could someone recommend the best method/control combination to use when
wanting to display bound data in a parent/child/grandchild relationship?

Thank you in advance,

Tobin