question using DNN as front for a web service

yomongars

Hello

i'm developing a web service in c# using wse 3.0 and need a front to
query and modify the data. I once looked at DNN for a portal solution
and it seems a good product with lot's of functionnalities (user
management, rights, modules, skinning, etc.).

My question is is there a way of building modules in DNN without
having the DAL and BLL. In other words i would like to use it as a
front to show/modify my datas and use the DNN goodies to control
access, user management, skining, etc.

Anyone tried this? and if yes what are the steps you got into to make
it work?
I would like to give all the interface building to someone and
concentrate on my web service.

Thanks
Mateo

Guest

Hello

i'm developing a web service in c# using wse 3.0 and need a front to
query and modify the data. I once looked at DNN for a portal solution
and it seems a good product with lot's of functionnalities (user
management, rights, modules, skinning, etc.).

My question is is there a way of building modules in DNN without
having the DAL and BLL. In other words i would like to use it as a
front to show/modify my datas and use the DNN goodies to control
access, user management, skining, etc.

Anyone tried this? and if yes what are the steps you got into to make
it work?
I would like to give all the interface building to someone and
concentrate on my web service.

Thanks
Mateo

DNN is ASP.NET based that means you can do what ever you want.

Please check the tutorials for developers
http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Development/DevelopmentLinks/tabid/549/Default.aspx

DNN Architecture Chart
http://www.wwwcoder.com/main/parentid/224/site/3008/68/default.aspx

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

Hello

i'm developing a web service in c# using wse 3.0 and need a front to
query and modify the data. I once looked at DNN for a portal solution
and it seems a good product with lot's of functionnalities (user
management, rights, modules, skinning, etc.).

My question is is there a way of building modules in DNN without
having the DAL and BLL. In other words i would like to use it as a
front to show/modify my datas and use the DNN goodies to control
access, user management, skining, etc.

Anyone tried this? and if yes what are the steps you got into to make
it work?
I would like to give all the interface building to someone and
concentrate on my web service.

Thanks
Mateo

Should not be a problem. Also the fact that you have access to the full DNN
source code should help