questions about compiling

Ben

Hi,

1) i read that the whole application is compiled at the first request of a
page.
Does 'at first request' mean for ever, or there are situations where the
compilation occurs again?
The common sense tells me: when a page is updated, but are there other
situations (e.g IIs stops or no request for a long time or ...

2) i pre-compiled an application with aspnet_compiler for deployment with
option -u (for updatable). Among all the aspx and code-behind files, they
are some inline aspx files with server code in it.
But they are not compiled. Why? Is this the normal situation?

Thanks for explanation
Ben

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

You can incur startup costs again if the site hasn't received requests in a
specified period of time (machine config) or if the application pool
recycles or if IIS restarts etc etc.

Option 2, not really sure why this is so. I suspect it may be due to the
fact that this is a mix of server and presentation code but don't quote me
on that.