question about compiling

Bob

Hi,

I compiled my asp.net application for deployment like this:
aspnet_compiler -p "C:\MyDevelopment\WebSite1" -v / C:\mydir.

I can see the same aspx and other files and a dir 'bin' with the compiled
files.
Then i made a virtual dir. under IIS for c:\mydir. It works.

My question is: can i remove the aspx and aspx.vb files from the virtual
dir. or IIS still need them?
If IIS still need them, where is the advantage (except the error-check of
the code), because i can't see really a imptovement of speed?

Thanks
Bob

Kevin Jones

If IIS still need them, where is the advantage (except the
error-check of
> the code), because i can't see really a imptovement of speed?

IIS still needs them.

You will get a speed up on the first request because the pages don't
need to be compiled.

Your compiled site is not-updateable (the -u flag) so if you look in
your pages you will see that they are only stubs so the aspx "code" is
not deployed to the site. This gives you a (slight) improvement in
security (at least your ISP can't read the files),

Kevin Jones

Bob

Thanks