    inheritance maybe?

    thanks

    Steve

    A Lonely Programmer, Feb 27, 2004

  2. A Lonely Programmer

    Muckeypuck Guest

    > 1. Is it possible to create a pop up that prompts for a user name and
    > password when a button on my control is clicked?

    yes. make a form and call it ofrmlogin then declare an instance of it in the
    control.

    public withevents loginform as new ofrmlogin

    ....code...
    ....more code..

    public sub button_onclick() handles btn1.click

    loginform.showmodal() 'intellisense spells it right, dont worry =)

    end sub

    > 2. Why are there no tooltips for controls in a wincontrol library project?
    > is there a way to get this functionality? through an implements call or
    > inheritance maybe?

    yes drag on off the toolbox onto the control (thanks tim!)

    Muckeypuck, Mar 4, 2004