questions on dialog-box

Eitan

Hello,

I have some questions about dialog-box
1) I see that when I use dialog-box (by window.showModalDialog), and the
dialog is an aspx page - it opens a new session,
can I stay at the same session as before ?
(I see that parameter Session("aaa") which is known in the calling form, is
unknown at the called dialog box) ?
2) What is the command to close the dialog box ?
3) Dialog box has status bar - can I hide it ? can I put my own text on the
status bar (at the bottom line) ?
4) How can I do refresh to the calling form that called the dialogbox just
after it called it ? (calling form is an aspx page).
5) How can I return the window.dialogArguments, when the dialog-box is an
aspx page ?

Thanks :)

Eliyahu Goldin

1) I see that when I use dialog-box (by window.showModalDialog), and the
dialog is an aspx page - it opens a new session,
can I stay at the same session as before ?
(I see that parameter Session("aaa") which is known in the calling form, is
unknown at the called dialog box) ?
Double-check your observation. It does stay in the same session. May be you
are doing something else that causes "aaa" to disappear.
2) What is the command to close the dialog box ?
javascript window.close()
3) Dialog box has status bar - can I hide it ? can I put my own text on the
status bar (at the bottom line) ?
Put status:no in the third parameter of your showModalDialog call.
4) How can I do refresh to the calling form that called the dialogbox just
after it called it ? (calling form is an aspx page).
After the modal dialog closes or before?
5) How can I return the window.dialogArguments, when the dialog-box is an
aspx page ?
You can do it on client side only. If you want your parameters to make their
way straight to server side, pass them as query parameters with the url. Or
in a session variable (it does work).