    - How do you use Filters to archieve source code obfuscation ?
    - How difficult is it to "decompile" code obfuscated with PAR ?

    Thanks

    chatiman, Feb 22, 2004

  2. chatiman <> wrote:

    > I'm interested in using PAR for my CGI scripts.

    What to you hope to gain by using PAR for your CGI scripts?

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Feb 22, 2004

  3. chatiman

    chatiman Guest

    "Tad McClellan" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > chatiman <> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm interested in using PAR for my CGI scripts.

    > What to you hope to gain by using PAR for your CGI scripts?

    source code obfuscation has I saw it mentioned on :
    http://search.cpan.org/~autrijus/PAR-0.79/lib/PAR/Tutorial.pod#Code_Obfuscat
    ion

    but this is not (well) documented or I can't understand what it is said with
    my poor english skills

    chatiman, Feb 22, 2004
  4. chatiman

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "chatiman" <> wrote in message

    > "Tad McClellan" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > > chatiman <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > I'm interested in using PAR for my CGI scripts.

    > > What to you hope to gain by using PAR for your CGI scripts?
    > >

    > source code obfuscation has I saw it mentioned on :

    http://search.cpan.org/~autrijus/PAR-0.79/lib/PAR/Tutorial.pod#Code_Obfuscat
    > ion

    But the question remains, why for your CGI scripts? Are they located on an
    insecure server? Web surfers shouldn't have read access to your source code
    unless you've misconfigured your server, so you shouldn't need to compile
    them into executables.

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Feb 22, 2004
  5. chatiman

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "chatiman" <> wrote in message

    > "Tad McClellan" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > > chatiman <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > I'm interested in using PAR for my CGI scripts.

    > > What to you hope to gain by using PAR for your CGI scripts?
    > >

    > source code obfuscation has I saw it mentioned on :

    http://search.cpan.org/~autrijus/PAR-0.79/lib/PAR/Tutorial.pod#Code_Obfuscat
    > ion
    >
    > but this is not (well) documented or I can't understand what it is said

    with
    > my poor english skills

    You might also want to check out the following site:

    http://par.perl.org/

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Feb 22, 2004
  6. chatiman <> wrote:
    > "Tad McClellan" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    >> chatiman <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > I'm interested in using PAR for my CGI scripts.

    >> What to you hope to gain by using PAR for your CGI scripts?
    >>

    > source code obfuscation

    What to you hope to gain by having source code obfuscation for
    your CGI scripts?

    Tad McClellan, Feb 22, 2004