Rails Developer

stumptownagency

Copious Creative is an award-winning creative agency specializing in
effective brand, interactive, and marketing campaigns. Along with
that, we're also a Ruby/Rails/MySQL shop that works in small teams to
build applications from back-end to front-end.

We're seeking intermediate to advanced Ruby on Rails developers who
are interested in working on challenging and exciting projects. There
is the potential for full-time employment, but projects will start on
a contract basis.

Your Qualifications
We really don't care about your degrees. We just care that you're a
great developer who loves to work hard and build stuff, and who has a
personality that jives with ours. Personality is key, as we enjoy
maintaining a fun-but-focused work culture.

Requirements:

* Ruby on Rails
* MySQL
* Javascript (AJAX)

Bonus Points:

* Linux
* Rails deployment
* CSS / HTML
* Subversion

To Apply
Email your resume (PDF/plain text), examples of projects you've worked
on, availability, and hourly rate with the subject line "ROR
Developer". Local candidates only and no phone calls please.

John Joyce

[...]

You ask for local candidates only, but in your post, you never say
where you are. Nor do you list a link to your site.
Sure, we can google it, but...

Joel VanderWerf

John said:
On Oct 3, 2007, at 6:05 PM, (e-mail address removed) wrote: ....

You ask for local candidates only, but in your post, you never say where
you are. Nor do you list a link to your site.
Sure, we can google it, but...

It's Stumptown, next stop on the Rails after Palookaville, South
Succotash, Azusa, and Cucamonga. (Tip of hat to Jack Benny.)

Philip Hallstrom

Copious Creative is an award-winning creative agency specializing in
You ask for local candidates only, but in your post, you never say where you
are. Nor do you list a link to your site.
Sure, we can google it, but...

Their phone number is (503) 255-1822 maybe that will... oh... nevermind.

:)

John Joyce

Their phone number is (503) 255-1822 maybe that will... oh...
nevermind.

:)
Phone numbers are no longer good indicators of geography. (mobile
phones...)

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Joel said:
It's Stumptown, next stop on the Rails after Palookaville, South
Succotash, Azusa, and Cucamonga. (Tip of hat to Jack Benny.)
Stumptown is actually a nickname for Portland, Oregon, USA. Another
poster gave the phone number as 503 something, which is consistent with
Portland, Oregon, USA. But since the ad said, "no phone calls, please" ...

stumptownagency

You ask for local candidates only, but in your post, you never say
where you are. Nor do you list a link to your site.
Sure, we can google it, but...

Yea, that makes sense - We're Portland-based. We followed a link here
saying it was the Portland Ruby Google Group. Looks like our link was
removed when we posted - sorry about that. http://www.copiousinc.com/

John Joyce

Would it be amusing if EVERYONE on the ruby-talk list applied...?
Would it be amusing if we ACTUALLY WERE the Portland Ruby Group, but
had amnesia!?