    Thanks for your attention.
    Rahill.

    , Jul 23, 2012

  2. On 7/23/2012 4:25 AM, wrote:
    > Hi everybody
    >
    > Is there any site to rank C++ programmers? I mean every day some new
    > problem produce and programmers come there to investigate
    > themselves. Please tell me if everybody knows about it. Thanks for
    > your attention. Rahill.

    I suspect that some programmers do investigate themselves (when alone
    and in the privacy of their homes). We don't like talking about it,
    though. It's between them and their shrinks.

    As for validating one's C++ skills, 'gotw.ca' site is a good start.

    Victor Bazarov, Jul 23, 2012

    Dear Victor
    Thanks for replying.
    Rahill

    , Jul 25, 2012
  4. On 23/07/12 10:25, wrote:
    > Hi everybody
    >
    > Is there any site to rank C++ programmers? I mean every day some new problem produce and programmers come there to investigate themselves.
    > Please tell me if everybody knows about it.
    > Thanks for your attention.
    > Rahill.

    I would be suspicious when it comes to such ratings. If someone's high
    it menas he has a lot of time then maybe no work ;). Or he could have
    bought some solutions from students to get high in ranks. Still bad.

    But if you want to promote yourself that way, give a try to Online
    Judge: http://acm.uva.es/local/online_judge/public_uva.html It's not
    restricted to C++ and focused on algorithms and general programming
    skills, which are of more importance than just knowledge of syntax tricks.

    Best,
    Wojtek

    Wojciech Waga, Jul 25, 2012
  5. Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Wed, 2012-07-25, Wojciech Waga wrote:
    > On 23/07/12 10:25, wrote:
    >> Hi everybody
    >>
    >> Is there any site to rank C++ programmers? I mean
    >> every day some new problem produce and programmers come there to investigate themselves.
    >> Please tell me if everybody knows about it.
    >> Thanks for your attention.
    >> Rahill.
    >>

    > I would be suspicious when it comes to such ratings. If someone's high
    > it menas he has a lot of time then maybe no work ;). Or he could have
    > bought some solutions from students to get high in ranks. Still bad.
    >
    > But if you want to promote yourself that way, give a try to Online
    > Judge: http://acm.uva.es/local/online_judge/public_uva.html It's not
    > restricted to C++ and focused on algorithms and general programming
    > skills, which are of more importance than just knowledge of syntax tricks.

    Minor protest: working in C++ isn't just about "knowledge of syntax
    tricks", if that's what you're implying. This group would be pretty
    boring if it was!

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .