    briefly hearing something about .document, but can't find any
    documentation on it.

    T.
    Trans, Feb 11, 2008

  2. Trans

    Phlip Guest

    Trans wrote:
    > Is there any way to configure rdoc via a hidden config file? I recall
    > briefly hearing something about .document, but can't find any
    > documentation on it.

    What's wrong with the nearest Rakefile?
    Phlip, Feb 11, 2008

  3. Trans

    Phrogz Guest

    On Feb 11, 12:05 pm, Trans <> wrote:
    > Is there any way to configure rdoc via a hidden config file? I recall
    > briefly hearing something about .document, but can't find any
    > documentation on it.

    Documentation by example:
    C:\ruby\src\ruby-1.8.6>findfile "\.document"
    ../.document
    ../ext/.document
    ../lib/.document
    ../lib/cgi/.document
    ../lib/rdoc/markup/.document
    ../lib/xmlrpc/.document
    Phrogz, Feb 11, 2008
  4. Trans

    Trans Guest

    On Feb 11, 2:24 pm, Phrogz <> wrote:
    > On Feb 11, 12:05 pm, Trans <> wrote:
    >
    > > Is there any way to configure rdoc via a hidden config file? I recall
    > > briefly hearing something about .document, but can't find any
    > > documentation on it.

    > Documentation by example:
    > C:\ruby\src\ruby-1.8.6>findfile "\.document"
    > ./.document
    > ./ext/.document
    > ./lib/.document
    > ./lib/cgi/.document
    > ./lib/rdoc/markup/.document
    > ./lib/xmlrpc/.document

    Thanks. So it looks like it's solely a list of globs to decide which
    files to include.

    One difficulty with Facets is that some of libs need to be rdoc'd
    independent of others. Otherwise it becomes hard to tell what goes
    with what especially when standard libs are extended. I wish RDoc had
    an elegant way of handling tihs kind of "multi-part" documentation
    need. It would make documenting Ruby's standard lib a lot easier too,
    I 'm sure. As it stands I have a special script to do it, but that
    doesn't help RubyGems rdoc correctly.

    T.
    Trans, Feb 12, 2008