Re: I have a problem with this:

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jenn said:
You are welcome to believe as you wish even if you are wrong.

You are the only one who is right. Right?

Snipped the advice about the DOCTYPEs because .. you don't care about
good design.
Right ... so you believe it's ok to denigrate ladies and cyber slap
them if they disagree with you or others here on this group? How
often do you slap the ladies verbally in real life? I bet you get
far with that approach.

Ad hominum attack, eh? I don't care if you are a man or woman; you
issue poorly designed and constructed web sites, and you won't listen to
advice.
That's not what I said ... Your site is obviously designed by a man,
and my comment was not a slap. I could help you, but you only seem
to believe I am in need of being taught. Your loss.

So, in your opinion, men cannot design well-performing web sites. Ah, I
see. You're a sexist? What advice would you give me for my personal
site?

I want to see your pink'n'posey site about .. oh .. lumberjacks.
You can catch more flies with honey ... as the saying goes. I don't
need to have your approval, and would do just fine now without
learning anything new here at all

Yes, but only because of that famous P.T. Barnum phrase. Certainly not
because of your skills.
from you or any of the other bullies. You'd do well to learn some
manners and communication skills.

I and the others are not bullying you; rather we have been attempting
(graciously at first) to get you to take an interest in actually
improving your skills. Due to your attitude, this is becoming
impossible. Has become impossible.

Jenn

Sherm Pendley said:
You're not being yelled at because you're female.

ahh you sound like you believe it's ok to yell at people then??
You're being yelled at because you're a liar (your claims to be a pro
are laughable, given the quality of your coding), a cheat (you not only
charge for substandard work, you openly brag about it), and an all-
around pain in the ass.

right .. you do believe it's ok to yell at me personally, and me being a
woman, you have no problem. Is that how you treat women in general?
Hope that clears it up for you. Feel free to whine about my "attack"
too, if getting the last word makes you feel better about yourself - I
won't see it anyway.

*plonk*

Coward .... hit and run .. you can dish it out to women, but you can't take
it. Do you also beat the women in your real world?

freemont

Excuse me ... I grew up and was a girl scout for 12 yrs and went camping
many times and have never done such a thing and never would even
consider doing it. You have a rather foul mind.

Thick... as a brick. Wow.

freemont

Oh .. gee ... I wouldn't listen to most of you guys if you paid me to do
it. I'm not that hard up for advice. I'd rather listen to dorayme
because he/she (not sure) talks to me as a human being.

Keep on and you might find she's the only one left responding to you.

Speaking for myself, I'm on the fence as far as plonking your defensive
ass.
And you have no skill at design, you're boring, and have no people
skills to speak of. How do you manage to get any work at all with those
personality issues?

LOL!

Uh, compared to THIS:

<http://i39.tinypic.com/974t1j.png>

.... the worst site I've ever written is a fucking masterpiece. You're a
joke.

freemont

How often do you slap the ladies verbally in real life? I bet you get
far with that approach.

Ah, now the ad hominem attacks start, first with me and now Shagnasty. Ok.

Jenn

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
You are the only one who is right. Right?

You don't know me well enough to have an understanding of what my current
skill level is...
Ad hominum attack, eh? I don't care if you are a man or woman; you
issue poorly designed and constructed web sites, and you won't listen to
advice.

A logical conclusion based on how you talk to this woman. I have no
interest in listening to you or anyone else who have little or no
communication skills except to bully and denigrate someone into doing what
you believe they should do.
So, in your opinion, men cannot design well-performing web sites. Ah, I
see. You're a sexist? What advice would you give me for my personal
site?

In my opinion, some men don't design web sites very well, and those men who
don't, their sites are obviously designed by a male. The optimal site would
not reflect the gender of the designer.
I want to see your pink'n'posey site about .. oh .. lumberjacks.

I wouldn't help you at this point.. sorry.
Yes, but only because of that famous P.T. Barnum phrase. Certainly not
because of your skills.

The funny thing about web design, etc.... ... Success isn't measured by a
specific skillset.. it's measured by determination and stictuitiveness to
reach any specific goal at which point the perverbial reward is a paycheck.

I'm hoping I'm not using words that are too big for you to understand here.
I and the others are not bullying you; rather we have been attempting
(graciously at first) to get you to take an interest in actually
improving your skills. Due to your attitude, this is becoming
impossible. Has become impossible.

Houston.. we have a problem....... the point at which you and the other
bulls-in-a-china-shop-mentality-bullies get a clue that the best way to woo
someone into being open to their ideas is the point at which the door to
communication might actually function as it's supposed to. Thus far, you
may need a miracle from heaven to comprehend any clue that might hit you
over the head.

Until that time comes about ... you might look around and check your real
life relationships for similar communication issues you have with other
females. I can help you with that, but as it stands now, it doesn't look
like you have much hope in that area at this time.

freemont

I don't code PHP... the cart is a PHP script that was installed
separately that allows it to be edited for site mirroring. I can only
edit the PHP as far as their help files instruct.

Oh, well that explains it. Then it's not your fault that customers can't
order anything.

I can hear it now.
"Hey Jenn, the ordering system doesn't work on our site!"
"So? LOL! That version of Zen Cart is 5 years old! LOL!"

freemont

I wouldn't help you at this point.. sorry.

If there is any serious notion in your head that anyone here would ever
consult with you for advice about html or websites in general... you are
truly delusional. It's not going to happen. You don't understand the
subject. And you're unwilling to learn.
The funny thing about web design, etc.... ... Success isn't measured by
a specific skillset.. it's measured by determination and stictuitiveness
to reach any specific goal at which point the perverbial reward is a
paycheck.

Carve this into a big stick and try beating it into your head:

THE FACT THAT YOU GET PAID IS NOT INDICATIVE OF QUALITY WORK!
Until that time comes about ... you might look around and check your
real life relationships for similar communication issues you have with
other females.

And yet more of this shit. Pathetic.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

freemont said:
Jenn writ:

More of this eh? How long until you call someone a Nazi?

She already has, even though she hasn't used the word yet.

I'm done with her. I have also seen how she argues in other groups, and
this one has turned out exactly the same.

Jenn

freemont said:
Keep on and you might find she's the only one left responding to you.

Speaking for myself, I'm on the fence as far as plonking your defensive
ass.

.....go for it and make my presence here more pleasant, and I'll be happy to
converse with dorayme and that other fellow who actually have communication
skills...... I might possibly learn something from them.

LOL!

Uh, compared to THIS:

<http://i39.tinypic.com/974t1j.png>

... the worst site I've ever written is a fucking masterpiece. You're a
joke.

.... and you must have the IQ of a radish because you have no idea on how to
win friends and influence people... Get some people skills and maybe they'll
teach you in that tutorial how to talk to a lady without using foul language
as your means of punctuation.

I look forward to being on your killfile list so I can have a pleasant time
here.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jenn said:
And WHY, would I do that at your suggestion? Mr. Ed? You are
currently at the top of the list of who I would not take advice from.

"Your house is on fire! Get out quickly!!!"

freemont

She already has, even though she hasn't used the word yet.

I'm done with her. I have also seen how she argues in other groups, and
this one has turned out exactly the same.

Well, before she showed up here, I'd been familiar with her posts in
other groups, also, but I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt.

In a way, she reminds me of another notorious poster (not in this group,
thank goodness) whose handle starts with c and ends with r. I know you
know who I'm talking about. They have the same willingness to listen and
use criticism, and about the same level of knowledge. And the same gift
for starting - and perpetuating - arguments.

I'm just about done, too.

Jenn

freemont said:
Ah, now the ad hominem attacks start, first with me and now Shagnasty. Ok.

Not at all... a very appropriate response to being verbally slapped. If you
tried that approach on real women face to face I imagine you'd be living a
very lonely existance.

Jenn

Oh, well that explains it. Then it's not your fault that customers can't
order anything.

I can hear it now.
"Hey Jenn, the ordering system doesn't work on our site!"
"So? LOL! That version of Zen Cart is 5 years old! LOL!"

.... issue has already been discussed elsewhere ... moving on.....

Jenn

freemont said:
If there is any serious notion in your head that anyone here would ever
consult with you for advice about html or websites in general... you are
truly delusional. It's not going to happen. You don't understand the
subject. And you're unwilling to learn.

Truely your own loss....
Carve this into a big stick and try beating it into your head:

THE FACT THAT YOU GET PAID IS NOT INDICATIVE OF QUALITY WORK!

Repeat after me ... Success isn't measured by a specific skillset.. it's
measured by determination and stictuitiveness to
reach any specific goal at which point the perverbial reward is a paycheck.

Additionally, quality of work is reflected in the satisfaction of the
client, not the ideals and unrealistic expectations of people who are so
single-minded that they can't see past their own philosophies and practices.

I realize that these concepts might be a bit beyond your mental capacity,
but give it a try.

And yet more of this shit. Pathetic.

Truth that is reflected in your inability to respond without foul language.

Jenn

Ben C said:
But pros do terrible coding. Just go to the website of your favourite
(or is that least-despised) bank and View Source.

It's remarkable that people still use "professional" as if it were a
compliment when it has been obvious for years that amateurs are much
better at almost everything to do with computers.

I've always considered when someone called themselves a "professional" that
it just meant they were paid for the work they do, and there are levels of
being a professional, too.... like based on years a person has been in their
particular business.