re-mapping SHIFT+TAB to UnTabbify in VS.NET

Jason Kester

Silliest question ever:

Had the disaster scenario in VS.NET yesterday. Fired up the IDE, only
to find that I could no longer un-tabbify sections of code by
selecting them and SHIFT+TABbing. TAB still tabbifies, but there's no
untabbifying to be had.

Adding to the fun, VS.NET's keyboard shortcut editor will accept any
keystroke but TAB in its "type here to assign shortcut" field. TAB
moves focus to the next control. SHIFT+TAB moves focus to the
previous control.

This seems like it should be trivial, but there's no documentation for
that screen. And of course, that tabbify/untabbify feature is
something that gets used 1000 times every day. I'm pretty much dead
in the water at this point (and my code is creeping unstoppably to the
right!)

Has anybody here found themself in the same situation? Any
suggestions for how to get back up and running?

Thanks!

Jason