    Is there anyway we can read a windows system tray balloon in Ruby?

    Cheers

    Aidy
    aidy, Feb 26, 2008

  2. aidy

    Phlip Guest

    aidy wrote:

    > Is there anyway we can read a windows system tray balloon in Ruby?

    Get a program like WinSpy and learn the ID and Class of the task tray, the item
    in it, and the balloon.

    Then pray these don't change when you use one of the Win32 Ruby libraries to
    walk the windows object model down to that balloon.

    BTW why are you trying to screen-scrape a task tray balloon? Can't you get the
    data _any_ other way??

    --
    Phlip
    Phlip, Feb 26, 2008

  3. aidy

    aidy Guest

    On 26 Feb, 18:32, Phlip <> wrote:
    > aidy wrote:
    > > Is there anyway we can read a windows system tray balloon in Ruby?

    > BTW why are you trying to screen-scrape a task tray balloon? Can't you getthe
    > data _any_ other way??
    >
    > --
    >    Phlip

    The data transference is in a bits, I am unable to use spy to get the
    relevant GUI data.?

    Aidy
    aidy, Feb 26, 2008