Reapeter and DAtaList

Guest

Dear all,

I try to understand how this Repeater and DatalIst works but sounds really
confusing.

Why if I do the following code I have a completly balnk page, not data gets
display and even no eror ?

OleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(ds)
Repeater1.DataSource = ds
Repeater1.DataBind()

Same things occurs if I use DataList control ..

Any idea ?

regards
serge

Guest

2 things to try:

1) Your DataSet should (hopefully) contain a DataTable, which has a name.
Try setting this name to the Repeater1.DataMember property.

2) After "Repeater1.DataBind()" put "Page.DataBind()".

Guest

Hi serge,

Do you have ItemTemplate and something like

<ItemTemplate>
<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Field_Name") %>
</ItemTemplate>

inside your repeater to show data?

Elton Wang