When to use of DataList and Repeater ?

Guest

Dear all,

I have make some basic testing on Repeater and DataList object.
I have notice for sure that if your database retrive data contains 3
records, then both controls will repeat the predifined template to display
those 3 records.

As a first view I would say that Datalist or Repeater are not so suitable as
Datagrid to display a well formed data row...

In which clear circonstance those control might be preferable compare to
datagrid ?

thnaks
serge