    is there such a thing as code completion?..
    Thanks
    Jeff Kish
    Jeff Kish, Oct 24, 2003

  2. Jeff Kish wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > I asked in the javascript group, and one person sent me over here (I
    > think). Can someone recommend a jsp editor with at least syntax coloring..
    > is there such a thing as code completion?..
    > Thanks
    > Jeff Kish

    Netbeans comes with syntax highlighting, auto-completion (of htmltags and
    taglibs), for jsp and java scriplets.

    http://www.netbeans.org

    --
    Regards,
    Christophe Vanfleteren
    Christophe Vanfleteren, Oct 24, 2003

  3. Jeff Kish

    bm Guest

    What about JDeveloper from Oracle. Doesn't do the same job also?

    bm, Oct 24, 2003
  4. Jeff Kish

    Drew Volpe Guest

    Last time we met, bm <> had said:
    > What about JDeveloper from Oracle. Doesn't do the same job also?

    JDeveloper isn't freeware; there's a free trial version, but it's $1k
    if you want to continue to use it.

    dv

    The geographical center of Boston is in Roxbury. Due north of the
    center we find the South End. This is not to be confused with South
    Boston which lies directly east from the South End. North of the South
    End is East Boston and southwest of East Boston is the North End.

    Drew Volpe, mylastname at hcs o harvard o edu
    Drew Volpe, Oct 27, 2003
  5. Jeff Kish

    Ant... Guest

    Jeff Kish <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi.
    >
    > I asked in the javascript group, and one person sent me over here (I think).
    > Can someone recommend a jsp editor with at least syntax coloring..
    > is there such a thing as code completion?..

    jEdit (www.jedit.org) is an excellent Open Source editor which has
    syntax highlighting for jsp (and a host of other languages). It is
    particularly good when set up as a Java IDE with its various plugins.

    It has code completion for any XML you have the dtd for (and comes
    with many such as XHTML, DocBook, XSLT etc preinstalled), and HTML in
    the XML Plugin.
    Ant..., Oct 28, 2003