RedCloth 3.0.3 -- Humane Text for Ruby

why the lucky stiff

Hello. Another new RedCloth. I'm just pushing these out so we can get
stable as soon as possible. This release contains a few small fixes and
appears to be stable.

RedCloth is a processor for Textile and a subset of Markdown. Both are
text formats which can be transformed into XHTML 1.0 Strict.

More about RedCloth here: http://www.whytheluckystiff.net/ruby/redcloth/

---

Let me give you a roadmap of what to expect with RedCloth 3 in the
coming months.

RedCloth 3.1 will focus on getting us diverse outputs. I am reconciling
LaTeX and Docbook patches right now. I also have a ClibPDF patch.

Here's how these output plugins will work.

1. Output libraries will be named according to the name of their output
method:

require 'redcloth'
require 'redcloth/to_pdf'

2. The output method will pass its options to RedCloth's `convert_to'
method. In this example, a ClibPDF is passed in and the Textile
fragment is added to the PDF.

class RedCloth
def to_pdf( pdf, *rules )
@pdf = pdf
convert_to( :pdf, rules )
end
end

3. The `convert' method will process Textile rules, calling methods
named with the format prefix.

class RedCloth
def pdf_h1( tag, atts, cite, content )
@pdf.newline
@pdf.textPara( "NewCenturySchlbk-Roman", 14.0, LEFT, 0.0, 0.2,
content )
end
end

Once these output plugins are in place, I'll finish up the remaining
Markdown syntax in RedCloth 3.2.

_why

Bil Kleb

why said:
Hello. Another new RedCloth.

Super extra nifty cool. Thanks!

No wonder RedHanded slowed down a touch. ;)

Our FUN3D site just roared through with 3.0.3.
RedCloth 3.1 will focus on getting us diverse outputs. I am reconciling
LaTeX and Docbook patches right now. I also have a ClibPDF patch.

Excellent news!

Note: my tests/hacks were geared toward using Peter
Wilson's memoir LaTeX package.

Now, I am going to have to find something to do during my
Orlando trip next weekend. Anyone in the area want to trade
some transportation to/from a Disney World hotel for a local
ride around the patch in http://www.grumman.net/n9734u ?
(I'm planning on flying into Kissimmee [ISM] Friday
afternoon/evening and leaving Tuesday afternoon.)

Thanks again,