RedirectFromLoginPage fails

Mach Runner

I am trying to implement the classic ASP.NET FormsAuthentication model for a
website.
The behavior of the website is normal until the login.aspx page attempts a
RedirectFromLoginPage once it has verified credentials.
The protected resource never comes up - I have tried ASP.NET tracing, the
debugger breakpoints, changing cookie settings on IE.
I've tried accessing the website from another machine on the intranet,
shutting down Zone Alarm, tweaking IIS.
Nothing seems to work! HELP!
I am developing on Windows 2000 Professional SP4 with IIS 5.1, Zone Alarm
Pro v3.0...., IE 6.0, VS .NET Pro 2003.

Any replies can go directly to (e-mail address removed) if you can do that.

Thanks in advance ...