Reflection in Java - Please help..

A. Wiebenga

Hi all!

I am a student at the Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen in Holland. I
am currently involved in a research project regarding Reflection.
Purpose of the research project is to document what Reflection is (I
can answer this question myself), what kind of Reflection Techniques
there are (.NET Reflection, Python Reflection etc. I can answer this
one myself too). The main question I need to answer is related to the
implementation of the Reflection System: Meta-Object Protocols and
that kind of Techniques. Can anyone tell me (or point me to an article
or something) how Reflection is implemented in Java? I am not
particulary interested in the use of Reflection in software, rather in
the Reflection System itself..

Some questions that come to mind regarding the main question above:
- How is the Reflection System in Java implemented? (ie. Does it use
Meta-Object Protocols etc.)
- Is there documentation available regarding the Java reflection
System, if so: where?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Kind regards,

Alke Wiebenga

[...]