Regarding time taken for popup to open

swati attarde

Hi,
I seem to be facing a problem, my machine takes a long time while
trying to open a new window via javascript.
Is the time taken to open a new window(popup) dependent on some
factors? if yes, what are those factors? Is there some way we can
reduce this time?

Regards,
swati

Evertjan.

swati attarde wrote on 04 mei 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
I seem to be facing a problem, my machine takes a long time while
trying to open a new window via javascript.
Is the time taken to open a new window(popup) dependent on some
factors?

Yes, it is difficult to imagine that there are no factors.
if yes, what are those factors?

browser type and version.
cpu speed.
memory size.
other programmes competing for cpu time. (also virusses and trojans)
Is there some way we can reduce this time?

use the latest browser and updates
buy a new machine or motherboard cum cpu
increase memory speed and memory bus speed
stop other programmes and browser pages running

btw, are you making those popups for your own machine?

Popups are irritating to other viewers.
Better improve your onpage layout and programming.