Registering ASP.net

Jason Michel

Hello,

I recently installed VS.Net 2002 on a laptop running XP Tablet edition and
IIS 5.1. The installation procedure does not appear to have registered
ASP.net with IIS. So IIS is sending down the .aspx and .asmx files as file
transfers. In addition there is no serivce discovery, and aspnet_wp.exe
does not show up in the task manager.

I suspect the issue is that the tablet PC shipped with the .NET framework
already installed, but IIS wasn't. So the .NET setup never registered with
IIS.

Is there a procedure to do this manually?

Thanks, Jake

Chance Hopkins

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

aspnet_regiis.exe /? (from the command line)

that will have directions