    search?

    Cheers (and gratitude),

    -Gaiko

    Gaikokujin Kyofushso, Sep 28, 2004

  2. Gaikokujin Kyofushso

    Dean Johnson Guest

    Hello,

    >Hi, I wanted to make a "news feed search" like for agriculture, and
    >then have the results put into RSS so I could view it from something
    >like kinja.com. Putting it into "My Yahoo" was no problem but I am
    >getting the impression they don't make getting it as a regular rss/xml
    >feed an option. If I am wrong, could anyone out there give me a
    >tip/point-in-the-right-direction on how to get a rss output from a
    >yahoo (or Google but I am pretty sure that is not an option) news
    >search?

    Some of the more advanced RSS readers like FeedDemon or even the web based
    readers are moving towards ruled based feeds. Where they will search content and
    serve items based on specific keywords in the content.
    There are a number of resources for this sort of thing at
    http://www.rss-specifications.com that you might find helpful.

    Take care
    DJ

    Dean Johnson, Sep 29, 2004

  3. Gaikokujin Kyofushso

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 29 Sep 2004 04:39:20 -0700, Dean Johnson <>
    wrote:

    >Some of the more advanced RSS readers like FeedDemon or even the web based
    >readers are moving towards ruled based feeds. Where they will search content and
    >serve items based on specific keywords in the content.

    I was building those in 2000/2001 (I still run one at home as my own
    feed aggregator) The trouble is though that keyword spotting is
    unreliable at best, and pretty useless in something as terse as an RSS
    item. It worked beautifully with RSS 1.0 feeds that contained good
    metadata, but of course such feeds are few and far between.

    I never did resolve this - if metadata publishing improves, then
    aggregators can get usefully much smarter overnight. Until then
    though, your clever rules-based engine is still pretty much running on
    guesswork.

    --
    Smert' spamionam

    Andy Dingley, Sep 29, 2004