Regular RSS for yahoo news?

Gaikokujin Kyofushso

Hi, I wanted to make a "news feed search" like for agriculture, and
then have the results put into RSS so I could view it from something
like kinja.com. Putting it into "My Yahoo" was no problem but I am
getting the impression they don't make getting it as a regular rss/xml
feed an option. If I am wrong, could anyone out there give me a
tip/point-in-the-right-direction on how to get a rss output from a
yahoo (or Google but I am pretty sure that is not an option) news
search?

Cheers (and gratitude),

-Gaiko

Dean Johnson

Hello,
Hi, I wanted to make a "news feed search" like for agriculture, and
then have the results put into RSS so I could view it from something
like kinja.com. Putting it into "My Yahoo" was no problem but I am
getting the impression they don't make getting it as a regular rss/xml
feed an option. If I am wrong, could anyone out there give me a
tip/point-in-the-right-direction on how to get a rss output from a
yahoo (or Google but I am pretty sure that is not an option) news
search?

Some of the more advanced RSS readers like FeedDemon or even the web based
readers are moving towards ruled based feeds. Where they will search content and
serve items based on specific keywords in the content.
There are a number of resources for this sort of thing at
http://www.rss-specifications.com that you might find helpful.

Take care
DJ

Andy Dingley

Some of the more advanced RSS readers like FeedDemon or even the web based
readers are moving towards ruled based feeds. Where they will search content and
serve items based on specific keywords in the content.

I was building those in 2000/2001 (I still run one at home as my own
feed aggregator) The trouble is though that keyword spotting is
unreliable at best, and pretty useless in something as terse as an RSS
item. It worked beautifully with RSS 1.0 feeds that contained good
metadata, but of course such feeds are few and far between.

I never did resolve this - if metadata publishing improves, then
aggregators can get usefully much smarter overnight. Until then
though, your clever rules-based engine is still pretty much running on
guesswork.