    a dll,

    --

    Dave
    Davef, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Yes. The only difference is that the debugging symbols are not included in
    the release version.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    http://www.takempis.com
    Complex things are made up of
    lots of simple things.

    "Davef" <> wrote in message
    > When you put you code in release, does all the code behind get compiled

    into

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 8, 2003

  3. Davef

    SStory Guest

    Dave,

    I'm no expert and still learning, but I think that debug or release place
    all code behind files and other appropriate items in a dll that goes in your
    bin folder.
    The Aspx files still go to the webserver too.

    The difference being that debug--puts a lot of debug code and symbols in the
    dll and release doesn't
    Debug is good for debugging but with all that extra stuff very bad in
    production.

    Imagine you place a bunch of code in a program that printed all sorts of
    information while you were debugging... This would run slower than if it
    weren't there and you don't need it in a release app.

    The concept is similar although more involved.

    HTH

    Shane

    SStory, Aug 8, 2003
  4. Davef