Release and debug question

Davef

When you put you code in release, does all the code behind get compiled into
a dll,

Kevin Spencer

Yes. The only difference is that the debugging symbols are not included in
the release version.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Complex things are made up of
lots of simple things.

SStory

Dave,

I'm no expert and still learning, but I think that debug or release place
all code behind files and other appropriate items in a dll that goes in your
bin folder.
The Aspx files still go to the webserver too.

The difference being that debug--puts a lot of debug code and symbols in the
dll and release doesn't
Debug is good for debugging but with all that extra stuff very bad in
production.

Imagine you place a bunch of code in a program that printed all sorts of
information while you were debugging... This would run slower than if it
weren't there and you don't need it in a release app.

The concept is similar although more involved.

HTH

Shane