Rename ID in Properties Window

CBKowitz

Has anyone encountered this problem in VS 2005? I select the control ex. an
ASP TextBox. go to the properties window and try to rename the ID to
something meaningfull and the cursor blinks/changes a couple of times and
then the ID is reset back to TextBox1. I can change it directly in the HTML.

Thanks.

Alessandro Zifiglio

hi, works real nice for me. When i try changing the id of a TextBox control
in the designer, refactoring is triggered and it starts looking through my
code and changes everywhere I had the old ID to the new ID i just supplied.
If the id i supplied is in use by another control, it pops out a dialog box
telling me this and reverts back to the old id.

Regards,
Alessandro Zifiglio
http://www.AsyncUI.net