RepaintManagers + Java 3D

jon.mithe

Hi,

I am interested in mapping JPanels to Java 3D objects. I can do it by
creating a BufferedImage, getting the graphics, invoke paint on a
JPanel and then creating a Texture from that to which I can map to my
3D object. However, this does not seem good solution, quite simply to
get any "live" images would be a horrible hacked mess, espically as
the panels would not be on the swing tree.

I'm guessing a better solution would to implement some sort of
RepaintManager / TextureManager and assign components to it? Then it
JPanels wouldnt need to be on the swing tree and changes to the panels
could be picked up and retextured? Never really delved that deep into
swing.

Just wandering if anyone could spot a better solution or point me
towards some usefult information / offer some advice to how this could
work

Any help be great cheers - Jon.