replacing part of content in same page

dorayme

Fulio Open said:
Hello,

I like to replace some content in a web page with new content, but
stay in the same page, rather than going to another one. My question
is in the following pages:

http://www.pinyinology.com/listing/quoteHZ.html

http://www.pinyinology.com/listing/quotePY.html

I think Javascript can do the work, but my knowledge about it is too
little. Thanks for your expertise and help.

Before the way to do it is discussed, why do you want to remain on the
very same page rather than a page that looks exactly like it except for
a change in some content, your above example is clearly not this. What
is it you are concerned about, user experience and ease or something
else?

Fulio Pen

Before the way to do it is discussed, why do you want to remain on the
very same page rather than a page that looks exactly like it except for
a change in some content, your above example is clearly not this. What
is it you are concerned about, user experience and ease or something
else?

The discussion will be in one page. I like the reader to read it while
seeing the ideograhic or alphabetic script. I also like to show that
the conversion is possible with the computer technology.

Jan C. Faerber

Hello,
Hi

I like to replace some content in a web page with new content, but
stay in the same page, rather than going to another one.   My question
is in the following pages:

http://www.pinyinology.com/listing/quoteHZ.html

http://www.pinyinology.com/listing/quotePY.html

I think Javascript can do  the work, but my knowledge about it is too
little. Thanks for your expertise and help.

http://www.zhongwen.com/ - This page is really huge and
you may have seen it already. They use small grafics for chinese
signs.
I don't know the reason for that.

For JavaScript you can take a look here:
http://groups.google.com/group/JavaScript-Information/topics?hl=en