Reporting Woes (extremely simple)

James

I've struggled for far too long on this, hoping someone can point me in the
right direction. Created a new C# WebForm application in VS 2008. Added a
"Report". Now all I want to do is have a query on my webform that populates
a dataset. Then I want to use that DataSet to populate the report. It's
basically just a ton of rows that I want to display, nothing too
sophisticated. I can figure that all out later. Ultimately I'd like to not
use the report viewer and I want nothing to do with a "wizard". I just want
to be able to drag/drop fields from a custom query without having to add
some dataset at design time to the report. Is this even possible?

Thanks,
James