repost: Printing a large PDF document that is added by EMBED tag

Raj

Hi,
I have the following problem. I am displaying and printing a PDF file
that is generated by my Application server. The print dialogs comes up
correctly for the small PDF for the larger PDFs ,the print dialog for
the Acrobat reader does not comes up. I believe this is because print
method is called before the complete loading of the PDF document.

<Head>
<script>
function printNow()
var x = document.getElementById("PDF");
x.click();
x.setActive();
x.focus();
x.print();
</script>
</head>
onLoad="setTimeout('printNow();', 1000)" >
<script language="javascript" >
var myString ="<%=request.getContextPath()%>" +
window.location.search.substring(1);
document.write('<EMBED name="PDF" SRC="' + myString + '"
WIDTH=100%
HEIGHT=100% fullscreen="yes">');
</script>

Here if I increase the setTimeOut period for the larger report then the

print dialogs shows up. However, I do not know the size of the PDFs so
I cannot decide the time at design time. Is there a way to findout the

So far , i have tried the following
1. Instead of onLoad, I tried calling the printNow() function in the
body after the EMBED. That does not help
2. Tried using the windows.document.pdf.ReadyStatus. It returns
complete even before complete document is loaded.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Raj

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Raj said:
[the same as two days before:
<[email protected]>]

First of all, sorry for being off-topic, but I consider it important to
say the following here, in public.

This is the fourth time in a row I had to observe an article here with a
Subject starting with "repost:" referring to content that was not canceled
at all before. It is enough now!

(11 Feb 2006 12:16:44 -0800)
(12 Feb 2006 17:39:48 -0800; not really a duplicate,
but the same subject and poster)

(Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:15:37 -0500)
(Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:29:03 -0500; not a duplicate, but a demanding, and
utterly nonsensical top-post on the same subject, by the same person)
(Mon, 20 Feb 2006 14:11:04 -0500)

(Sat, 18 Feb 2006 08:55:55 -0800)
(Tue, 28 Feb 2006 06:35:03 -0800)

JFYI: Usually a repost on NetNews is something that is done by the a server
administrator or the original author, if an article has been canceled
unauthorized deliberately (by a troll), or canceled authorized accidentally
(by the original poster).

So probably I have to filter out postings with Subjects starting with
"repost:" from users of these service providers, who appear to confuse
this discussion group with a support forum on the Web; people who therefore
probably think that the chances for an article to get followups increase
the more often and the more frequent the article is posted or referred to,
when the exact opposite is true; people who have probably never heard of
Netiquette[1], or the Breidbart Index[2].

<URL:http://www.jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/clj_posts.html>

Score adjusted

PointedEars
[1] <URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette>