Request.UrlReferrer with IIS redirection ???

Oney

I created two iss folder under my aspx project and I redirected each
one of them to same aspx page by IIS that is test.aspx. on the page
load of test.aspx I have to catch where the request come in! (what is
the previous link or reqest)
I try to use Httpcontex.Current.Request.UrlReferrer.AbsoluteUri but
it returns null

how can I solve this problem?
any ideas ???

-myaspxProject
-x folder * Redirect to myaspxProject/test.aspx *
-y folder * Redirect to myaspxProject/test.aspx *
-test.aspx

bruce barker

this is a bad approach as some proxies/firewalls strip the refer header from
all requests.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

John

Just an uneducated guess, but is it possible that the referrer is coming
back as null because IIS is redirecting them from those directories, as
opposed to maybe a default page within those folders performing a
Response.Redirect or something? Just a thought, probably wrong. ;)

-John