RequiredFieldValidator and Validation Summary not working

D. Shane Fowlkes

http://www.drumpub.com/test.aspx

Above is a link to a stripped down test page and the source code is also on
the page. Would someone mind spot checking this code? I've used this
method a few times before and have never had a problems but for some reason,
this sample refuses to work. I'm sure it something I've missed in my code
but I cannot find it.

The form is "supposed" to require all fields to be provided and any that are
not, will be displayed in a summary above the form in a
<asp:validationsummary> control and an a "*" will appear beside the
offending field. But as you can see, the form ignores the controls and
always displays the asterisks.

What gives?

TIA!

-Shane

D. Shane Fowlkes

Nevermmind. As I thought, it was something dumb. I forgot runat="server"
in the RequiredFieldValidators.

D'OH!!

Martin Dechev

Hi, D. Shane Fowlkes,

I don't know what is wrong, but the script for the client-side validation
doesn't get included in the page source-code.

You may try running aspnet_regiis.exe with the switch -c.

Hope this helps
Martin