RequiredFieldValidator doesn't fire on Windows 2003 Server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Matt, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    I have created a web app for development requests where every field on
    the insert form has to be filled in and so has a
    RequiredFieldValidator on it. The app runs great on my development
    machine, but when I load it onto the webserver running Windows 2003
    Server the validation controls don't work on the insert form, the RFV
    on the login form work fine. Everything seems fine but instead of
    clicking the submit button and having a bunch of red * next to the
    fields, which is what happens on the development machine, I get the
    following error message. Any help would be appreciated.

    Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not
    set to an instance of an object.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    object.]
    IntRequest.WebForm1.btnSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    +252
    eventArgument) +57
    sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
    +33

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;
    ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

    Thanks for the help.
    Matt

    Matt, Jul 10, 2003