RESOURCE FILE PROBLEM

Savas Ates

I created App_GlobalResources directory and I put my Resource file which is
named
WebResources.resx

It includes one record
name value
Button1 isbuluyorum

and other fields are empty.

In my Resource.aspx file i add a control like this

<asp:Button id="Button1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 204px; POSITION:
absolute; TOP: 150px" runat="server"
Text="<% $ Resources: WebResources,Button1%>"
Width="184px" Height="36px"> </asp:Button>

When I run my application it is supposed to get a value for button1 from
resx file . Therefore It does nothing . No error no warning.
On my button's it is written like that <% $ Resources:
WebResources,Button1%>

Why it doesnt change my button1's text property ? I want to built a
international web application so it is a basic application to do more in
the future for me ? How can i find out more about Resource Files . Is it the
best way using Resource Files To built multilanguage web-applications ?

Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

Savas,

I don't know if this makes a difference, but try not putting the space
between the % and the $, like so:

<asp:Button id="Button1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 204px; POSITION:
absolute; TOP: 150px" runat="server"
Text="<%$ Resources: WebResources,Button1%>"
Width="184px" Height="36px"> </asp:Button>

Hope this helps.