Resource in static library

Justin

Hi Guys,

I am writing a static library in which there are some resrouces - BMPs
and dialogs etc. Unfortunately, when I call functions/dialogs in the
static library, it failed because of resource could not be located.

I have googled. But the approach I found is to include resources of
the static library in the caller. Are there some other more graceful
way to do this? I mean just like resource in DLL file, do not include
resources in static library.

And will anybody give me some tips on resource management of windows
binaries?

Any tips and suggestion will be appreciated!

Justin

Zara

Hi Guys,

I am writing a static library in which there are some resrouces - BMPs
and dialogs etc. Unfortunately, when I call functions/dialogs in the
static library, it failed because of resource could not be located.
<...>

this is OS dependent, so you should ask in a Windows specific usenet
group.

By the way, try looking at msdn.microsoft.com, search foru resource
dll. It will probably give the results you expected.

Regards,

Zara,

Justin

Wow!

Sorry for that. I think I have some misunderstanding. Before that I
have search the group, I found a thread which discussed the problem.
So I think if this is the place to ask this question.

Anyway, thanks and I'm trying turn to another group.

Regards,
Justin