Resource in static library

Discussion in 'C++' started by Justin, Sep 10, 2007.

  1. Justin

    Justin Guest

    Hi Guys,

    I am writing a static library in which there are some resrouces - BMPs
    and dialogs etc. Unfortunately, when I call functions/dialogs in the
    static library, it failed because of resource could not be located.

    I have googled. But the approach I found is to include resources of
    the static library in the caller. Are there some other more graceful
    way to do this? I mean just like resource in DLL file, do not include
    resources in static library.

    And will anybody give me some tips on resource management of windows
    binaries?

    Any tips and suggestion will be appreciated!

    Justin

    --
    www.rollingsoftware.com

    Justin, Sep 10, 2007

  2. Justin

    Zara Guest

    On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 20:29:20 -0700, Justin <>
    wrote:

    >Hi Guys,
    >
    >I am writing a static library in which there are some resrouces - BMPs
    >and dialogs etc. Unfortunately, when I call functions/dialogs in the
    >static library, it failed because of resource could not be located.

    <...>

    this is OS dependent, so you should ask in a Windows specific usenet
    group.

    By the way, try looking at msdn.microsoft.com, search foru resource
    dll. It will probably give the results you expected.

    Regards,

    Zara,

    Zara, Sep 10, 2007

  3. Justin

    Justin Guest

    Wow!

    Sorry for that. I think I have some misunderstanding. Before that I
    have search the group, I found a thread which discussed the problem.
    So I think if this is the place to ask this question.

    Anyway, thanks and I'm trying turn to another group.

    Regards,
    Justin

    Justin, Sep 11, 2007