Response Buffer Limit Exceeded Problems - Ideas Please!

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Brian Piotrowski, Sep 7, 2004.

  1. Hi All,

    I'm trying to run a simple query from an ASP page. I want the query to
    select each individual field in a table and compare it to another table. If
    the value doesn't exist, I want it reported. Here's the code I have to do
    this check:

    'Check to see if there are any assemblies not in the database!
    strSQL = "select substring(mtoc,2,6) as deadmodel from bos_data where
    substring(bos_data.mtoc,2,6) not in (select code from tire_matrix) AND
    plantcode = " & Request.Querystring("pcode")
    rsAFON.Open strSQL, adoCon
    if rsAFON.eof = false then
    do while rsAFON.eof = false
    response.write("<tr><td colspan=15 bgcolor=000000 class=hilite
    align=center>***WARNING *** MODEL TYPE: " & rsAFON("deadmodel") & "IS NOT IN
    THE DATABASE! PLEASE NOTIFY ISD IMMEDIATELY!</td></tr>")
    loop
    end if

    When I run the SQL String in SQL's Query Analyzer, I get the expected
    results. However, when I run it in an ASP page, I get this error:
    ---------------
    Response object error 'ASP 0251 : 80004005'
    Response Buffer Limit Exceeded
    /ptest.asp, line 0
    Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its
    configured limit.
    -------------------
    Does anyone have any ideas? I've also made this into a Stored Procedure as
    well, but I received the same results. I'm running this page on an IIS 6.0
    / Win2k3 Web Edition box. All of my other SQL queries run except this one.
    Does it have anything to do with it doing another select from within the
    statement? If so, is there a better way to write this piece of code?
    Thanks!

    Brian.

    Brian Piotrowski, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Turn the Response.Buffer off on the page, or on the entire site.

    Response.Buffer = False

    at the TOP of the page before any ASP code.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netWire

    Manohar Kamath [MVP], Sep 8, 2004

  3. Brian Piotrowski

    Roland Hall Guest

    :
    : ---------------
    : -------------------
    : Does anyone have any ideas? I've also made this into a Stored Procedure
    as
    : well, but I received the same results. I'm running this page on an IIS
    6.0
    : / Win2k3 Web Edition box. All of my other SQL queries run except this
    one.
    : Does it have anything to do with it doing another select from within the
    : statement? If so, is there a better way to write this piece of code?
    : Thanks!

    See if this will help.
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Languages/ASP/Q_20726698.html

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Thanks to everyone who responded. I was able to fix the problem by putting
    a MOVENEXT command before the LOOP. Thanks to Mark for that tidbit of info.

    Brian.

    Brian Piotrowski, Sep 8, 2004