Response.Redirect in asp.net pages ?

WJ

1. I have a website called "myWeb" resides under E:\SOS\myWeb.Net" folder in
an IIS-6/Windows 2003 server. Its host-header is "myWeb.Net".

2. Default page is "Index.aspx".

3. In the same folder as above, there are two additional aspx pages called:
page2.aspx and page2.1.aspx.

4. The "Index.aspx" calls "Page2.aspx" with the command
"Response.Redirect("http://myWeb.Net/Page2.aspx"); This always works.

5. "Page2.aspx" then calls "Page2.1.aspx" as
"Response.Redirect("http://myWeb.Net/Page2.1.aspx"); This returns a blank
page instead of the intended "page2.1.aspx" content.

6. I developed the "myWeb" site using VS.Net2k3 and .NFW 1.1. under Windows
XP/SP2. It runs perfectly in the XP developer PC. As soon as I deployed it
to the true IIS-6 box (W2k3), it broke as described above, no error
displayed. It just does not work when "page2.aspx calls page2.1.aspx", it is
weird that "Index.aspx" can display "page2.1.aspx" via
"Response.Redirect("http://myWeb.Net/Page2.1.aspx"); It seems that the 2nd
level call breaks on the IIS-6 box, not XP.

The only different between XP and W2k3 boxes is that I donot store the
"myWeb.Net" under the legacy folder "c:\InetPub\wwwroot" in Win2k3 server.

My ? is: Do I then have to sub-net "page2.1.aspx" ? I always put all pages
under the same folder for ease of maintenance. I do this a lots with DW &
FP.

Thanks for your help,

John

chad [email at] gosigma.com

The only thing that I can suggest is to try a relative path to the files
on the W2K3 box, like:

Response.Redirect("Page2.1.aspx");

You might also make sure the case of the files is correct. You seem to
be switching between 'page2.1.aspx' and 'Page2.1.aspx'. I don't know if
this matters in IIS 6.

Chad Evans

WJ

Thanks Chad,

I will try out the relative path. The case sensitivity is not applied in
IIS-6. It would be very crazy if it is.
John