Response.Redirect opens blank page on new server

Paul Turley

I have a working ASP.Net application that behaves oddly only on the new
production server. The vast majority of code runs behind web user controls
that sit on aspx pages. On my Login_Page.aspx page, user enters user name,
password, etc into controls on the contained Login_Control.ascx and clicks a
button that redirects them to another page (i.e.
Response.Redirect("Main_Menu_Page.aspx").) Instead of redirecting, the
browser window is completely blank and the URL remains at the
Login_Page.aspx page. If you view the source for the blank page in the
browser, it looks like this:

<BODY><ASP_SMARTNAV_RDIR url="/Index.aspx"></ASP_SMARTNAV_RDIR></BODY>

The new production server is a fairly stock installation of Windows Server
2003

Joey Powell

Paul, this will throw an error if you continue to omit the second,
optional parameter for Response.Redirect. This is a boolean value that
tells asp.net whether or not to continue processing the page (and then
get on to the redirect). I have gotten into a habit of specifying true
or false for this everytime that I use it. Things work much better
now!