Restart IIS

JJ

Hi,

I was wondering what reasons would you have for needing to restart
IIS. If I drop a dll into the bin directory and wanted to make sure the
old dll wasn't being used anymore or maybe there might be some files in
the cache that you might want to clear out. Are these legit reasons?

Thanks,

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

Normally you would only restart IIS if it wasn't working properly.

..NET will phase out old versions of a dll as soon as they are not used
any more, but if it's crucial that the use of the dll had to stop
immediately, you could restart IIS to stop every process that uses it. I
would first try to just stop and start the application, though.

I would look for some alternative means of clearing the cache before
using a IIS restart to do it.