Retrieve the list of webcontrols

Blaz Ziherl

Hello,

I am working on a Visual Basic 6.0 application and would need to know
if there is any way to retrieve a list of installed webcontrols along
with their properties, methods and events, using Visual Basic .NET or
preferable Visual Basic 6.0. If being specific: I would need to list
all available webcontrols in a listview control and then dynamicaly
show available events, methods and properties as the user selects
different webcontrol from the listview.

Thanks,
Blaz Ziherl
(e-mail address removed)

Raja Balaji R

Hi

Check out System.Reflection.Namespace class.

Thanks & Regards
Raja Balaji R

Blaz Ziherl

Wow, cool! Thanks!

I have managed to get the list of installed web controls, now I would
like to know how could I retrieve a HTML code for each of those
controls:

for example: how could I retrieve
"<asp:Calendar id="Calendar1" runat="server"></asp:Calendar>"
for a Calendar control,

"<input type="text" />"
for a label control or

"<n0:HYPERLINKLIST id="HyperLinkList1" runat="server"
Width="181px"></n0:HYPERLINKLIST>"
for a third party control.

I am doing a small html editor application for my personal use (+for
learning Visual Basic .NET) and would like to insert support for .NET
controls as well.