Retrieving the COM class...

zion

Hello all,

In my Asp.net application I use Dcom object to retrieve some data.
To configure it I checked : "Enable COM Internet Services on this computer
and" and add the user ASP.NET to COM security.
At one of the test computers I get the error : "Retrieving the COM class
factory for component with CLSID...failed due to the following error".
Do I have to configre somthing else? What can be the problem?

Thanks

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

You'd need to register the type so that it is available for interop, unless
it is a self-registering type.

--

Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
The O.W.C. Black Book, 2nd Edition
Exclusively on www.lulu.com/owc $19.99

zion

What do mean "register the type so that it is available for interop..."?