Retrieving UNC Path of Mapped Drives on Client Machine

Guest

I Need to Retrieve the UNC Path of Mapped Drives on a Client Machine's (NT4 + y2k) on my Network, but I have been unsuccessful so far and I find seem to find a way to do this, any idea anyone

I need to try and finish this toda

Thanks in Advanc

Dean McCarte
ASP/VBS/VB.NET & ASP.NET Develope
Cumbria U

John Saunders

Dean McCarten said:
I Need to Retrieve the UNC Path of Mapped Drives on a Client Machine's
(NT4 + y2k) on my Network, but I have been unsuccessful so far and I find
seem to find a way to do this, any idea anyone.
I need to try and finish this today

Let us know how it came out.

If you want to do something on the client's machine, then you'll have to do
it on the client.

Guest

John
The Above Comment was not useful to me
I understand that code code needs to communicate with the client, I first started to look @ remoteing but this does not seem to have the ablity to do what I require, trying to use API Calls has not worked. So Please on closing please
If you have any useful comments or advice to point me in the right direction, Then I will welcome it

The Application I need to design has to collect the users currently mapped drives, Installed Programs(Already Done) While the user fills out a form and record's all data in A Databas

This is the spec
so if anybody has any information or comments to help then please d

Thanks in Advanc

Dean McCarte
ASP/VBS/VB.NET & ASP.NET Develope
Cumbria U

Guest

Also This App is being done with ASP.NET in VB

Thank

Dean McCarte
ASP/VBS/VB.NET & ASP.NET Develope
Cumbria U

Guest

Well I'm using an <identity impersonate="true" userName="Administrator" password="Adminpass"/> in thw web config file, but have you managed to use the client side script in a asp.net page because It don't seem to wor

Please any more help would be grea

Thank

Dean McCarten