reuse CreateUserWizard as "EditUserWizard"

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Reinhard, Mar 6, 2007.

  1. Reinhard

    Reinhard Guest

    Hi,

    I have a createUserWizard control on my page for unregistered users.

    I would like to use the same page if registered users want to change
    some of their data.

    I am thinking of passing an argument (logged_in = true) to the page,
    and based on this alter the behaviour of the Control to:
    load User data into the text boxes.
    on Submit: -> UPDATE instead of INSERT data

    I know this is not supported out-of-the-box.

    How can I do this? - subclass CreateUserWizard, or is there any
    possibility to override or hook into the default methods of the
    control?

    thank you
    Reinhard

    Reinhard, Mar 6, 2007