Rhizome.org seeking software consultant

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by sera@fhwang.net, Mar 17, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi everybody,

    I'll be hiring a freelance programmer for Rhizome.org, the arts
    non-profit where I work. This is a Ruby-centric job at a cool place, so
    if you're out there freelancing in the New York City area, I encourage
    you to send me your resume. And if you have any friends who you think
    would be interested in this, please forward this to them!

    F.
    ----
    Rhizome.org, a non-profit organization serving the new media arts
    community, is seeking a software consultant. The consultant will work
    closely with the Director of Technology on a number of projects, from
    building new community features, optimizing the existing system, or
    extracting open source libraries out of the existing codebase.

    Rhizome.org is a highly trafficked community website with thousands of
    registered users and more than 1 million hits a month. Although the
    site uses a combination of Ruby, PHP, and Perl, almost all new
    development is done in Ruby. However, experience with specific
    languages is less important than an interest in object-oriented design
    patterns, agile methodologies, and test-first programming. Apple and
    Unix snobs highly encouraged to apply.

    This is a highly flexible part-time gig; we understand how consulting
    work goes, and will work to accommodate scheduling quirks, whether
    that's one week off to work at an ad agency in midtown, or one week off
    to tour eastern Europe with the other members of your robot music
    collective. However, please note that we require candidates to be in
    the New York area, since much of the work--though not all of it--will
    be on-site in our Manhattan office.

    Rhizome.org is among the oldest and most well respected organizations
    in the field of new media art. For more information about the
    organization and our programs, please check out our web site:
    http://rhizome.org.

    To apply, please email your detailed cover letter and resume (in PDF,
    if possible) to Francis Hwang at .

    , Mar 17, 2005

  2. Ryan Davis Guest

    Hey Francis,

    Is this still open?

    Ryan Davis, Mar 29, 2005

  3. Mmmmaybe, if whoever you're thinking of can get me his/her resume by
    the time I get into my office tomorrow morning.

    On Mar 28, 2005, at 8:21 PM, Ryan Davis wrote:

    > Hey Francis,
    >
    > Is this still open?

    Francis Hwang
    http://fhwang.net/