right click and view source

Els

Desmond said:
The website below has text that if you move over it the mouse pointer
changes to the edit curso, but you can't hi-light any of it

I can certainly highlight it. In Firefox - haven't tried other
browsers.
or right
click on it. Is this something that has been configured and how.

onselectstart="return false" ondragstart="return false">

J.O. Aho

Desmond said:
The website below has text that if you move over it the mouse pointer
changes to the edit curso, but you can't hi-light any of it or right
click on it. Is this something that has been configured and how.
http://www.changinglivesonline.org/georgia.html

Nothing unusual on that page, all text and images can be marked and copied to
klipper, clicking right mouse button gives the usual menu and allows you to
view the source.

The CSS file has 4 errors and 3 warnings, the xhtml has the wrong character
setup, 161 errors, all those errors could cause your browser to display how
buggy it is, I do suggest you visit www.mozilla.org and download a good browser.

Jonathan N. Little

Desmond said:
The website below has text that if you move over it the mouse pointer
changes to the edit curso, but you can't hi-light any of it or right
click on it. Is this something that has been configured and how.

TIA Desmond.

http://www.changinglivesonline.org/georgia.html

CTRL+C works for me
"
Georgia was frustrated she couldn't find God. But she came to realize
that the only way to enter into God's presence was through Christ who is
alive and the sole mediator between God and man.
"

dorayme

"J.O. Aho said:
Nothing unusual on that page, all text and images can be marked and copied to
klipper, clicking right mouse button gives the usual menu and allows you to
view the source.

The CSS file has 4 errors and 3 warnings, the xhtml has the wrong character
setup, 161 errors, all those errors could cause your browser to display how
buggy it is, I do suggest you visit www.mozilla.org and download a good
browser.

It carries out the website makers intentions in Safari (but not
FF).

Neredbojias

CTRL+C works for me
"
Georgia was frustrated she couldn't find God. But she came to realize
that the only way to enter into God's presence was through Christ who is
alive and the sole mediator between God and man.
"

Then why pray to Mary or any of the saints? Perhaps you should have said
"soul mediator".

Jonathan N. Little

Neredbojias said:
Then why pray to Mary or any of the saints? Perhaps you should have said
"soul mediator".

Not my words! Just demonstrating that I had no problem coping for the
"website"

mbstevens

Not my words! Just demonstrating that I had no problem coping for the
"website"

Someone on a Mission is trying to trick you into talking about their
religion. It must be a really ancient one. Consider this snippet:

'<font color ="#000000"> &#169'

....seen nothing like that since they put Tut in the Pyramid.
I couldn't find any weird JavaScript related to the page, and
was immediately able to capture text to the clipboard.

mbstevens

I couldn't find any weird JavaScript related to the page, and
was immediately able to capture text to the clipboard.

BTW, the Firebug extension to Firefox is really good at immediately
allowing you to look at the source of anti-right-click scripts and such.
It is worth having in addition to the Web Developer extension.

dorayme

mbstevens said:
Someone on a Mission is trying to trick you into talking about their
religion.
was immediately able to capture text to the clipboard.

As I said earlier, it did cause a problem for copiers in some
browsers. Not FF.

Bergamot

mbstevens said:
BTW, the Firebug extension to Firefox is really good at immediately
allowing you to look at the source of anti-right-click scripts and such.

How about plain old CTRL+U?

mbstevens

How about plain old CTRL+U?

Firebug is neat because you can click on a particular object and it will
show you the source at the point where the object pointed to is marked up.
You also get the css for the element. Fun.

Neredbojias

Not my words! Just demonstrating that I had no problem coping for the
"website"

Oh. Another by-product of religion requiring inordinate amounts of
"faith"? Hey, after Jimmy Swigart, I'll believe anything.