    thanks (as always)
    some day i''m gona pay this forum back for all the help i''m getting
    kes
    =?Utf-8?B?V2ViQnVpbGRlcjQ1MQ==?=, Aug 12, 2006

  2. If you want to use the Provider mechanism but instead with a custom User
    table(s) of your own design, then you need to create your own custom
    Membership Provider by overriding the appropriate ProviderBase class.

    I have a short article here that illustrates how to do this with Profile,
    Membership would be very similar:

    Best of luck,
    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Aug 12, 2006

  3. thanks for replying
    i guess i was hoping for something simple like just assigning a few admin
    users in the web.config file. something like :
    <roles name="Admin" userid="usridxxx" />

    =?Utf-8?B?V2ViQnVpbGRlcjQ1MQ==?=, Aug 12, 2006