role class for windows form

Adam Right

Hi All,

is it possible to incorporate the asp.net 2.0 Role class im my windows form
application?

I want to bind the users list of a asp.net 2.0 Role on a windows form, can i
use role Role Management system on windows forms project ?

I can get the list from asp.net pages like that:
Roles.GetUsersInRole("customers")

But how can i get it from windows form ?

Thanks ...

Marc Gravell

That seems quite an old link; note that VS2008 provides this "out of
the box"; I don't think it supports GetUsersInRole, but it certainly
provides an IPrincipal that will support IsInRole etc (so that your
winform can /consume/ the asp.net login/membership).

If you need more, then add a web-service (as already mentioned), but
be sure to enforce strict security on the security web-service! ;-p

Marc