Roles Custom and Forms Authentication... doubts

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Diego (Atos), Feb 5, 2010.

  1. Diego (Atos)

    Diego (Atos) Guest

    Hello,
    I'm providing a solution that requires the customization of
    MembershipProvider and RoleProvider as well a customization
    user.

    Unfortunately I can not identify which class and where in
    pipeline of the page framework verifies roles. Let me explain.

    For testing purposes I create a simple asp.net application with a page
    that
    writes "OK". Access to this page is limited to users role "XYZ".
    I created the RoleProvider and MembershipProvider, I have referenced
    them in web.config. I also indicated that access is denied for
    anonymous users and allowed to users in role XYZ.

    Now my doubt: when occurred the role check? Which class is used?
    The classes MembershipProvider and RoleProvider
    are called (VerifyUser and GetRolesForUser), but nowhere although the
    specific role XYZ is called, be considered
    the condition works fine (if I indicate YYY role, rightly, the user is
    bounced).

    At this point I wonder what class I should implement and how
    i should use it to ensure role is checked againts a code i developed.

    Thank you and good evening,
    Diego
    Diego (Atos), Feb 5, 2010