Roles

Guest

Thank you in advance.
I need to secure a folder called Admin (and files within this
directory). I have read about Roles and I think they would work but I
am unable to find any information on using my own authentication code.
I would like to check my database and do some processing. After the
processing is complete, I would like to assign the user to a role that
has access (or not) to the admin directory.

Does this sound possible? If so, do you have any links or sample code
that does this sort of thing.

Thanks Again.

clintonG

Can't find any information on Roles? Come on, did they ban you from google,
yahoo and msn or what? Noting I'm still hooked on google you need to submit
these queries...

google query: understanding roles site:msdn2.microsoft.com
google query: custom membership provider site:msdn2.microsoft.com

And then read until your eyes bleed because the answer is -- yes -- it is
possible exactly as you asked but its a large body of information that has
to be learned and understood before proceeding with any copy and paste code.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com