Roles and sitemap

Guest

For roles to work on a sitemap is it required to have a role provider setup?
And if it is can I set up a role provider without a database? I have simple
windows authentication which has roles so I don’t need any database solution.
Having said that the bottom line is that my roles functionality for my site
map is simply not working but all code behind implementation of roles is
working fine.

Currently its starting to look like I will have different sitemaps which
load based on httpcontext.current.user.isinrole() which I really don’t want
to do.