RSS extensions for hierarchical structured data

Discussion in 'XML' started by Mike J, Dec 13, 2005.

  1. Mike J

    Mike J Guest

    Mike J, Dec 13, 2005

  2. Mike J

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 13 Dec 2005 12:49:48 -0800, "Mike J" <> wrote:

    >We'd like to hear comment.

    No you wouldn't ! I'm amazed. An RSS psec that's even more badly
    written than one of Winer's. Learn how to write a decent protocol spec.

    What's the content model of these elements? What are the permitted data
    types ? Where's the schema / DTD ?

    How does this extension to RSS 2.0 fit with the non-extensible nature of
    RSS 2.0? How many of RSS 2.0's mandatory constraints are you breaking
    by using this extension? How is this extension processed in the
    context of agents that don't support it?
    Andy Dingley, Dec 14, 2005

  3. Mike J

    Mike J Guest

    This is only a draft. We are in the process of improving the spec. The
    spec will get clear and accurate. And the schema will come soon.
    The RSS2.0 seems not extensible, but you can still plug in other
    protocol to work with RSS. Our protocol is just for this purpose. It
    will not change any RSS element and attributes, RSS2.0 is still RSS2.0.
    For agents do not support this extension, only lost the hierarchical
    structure skeleton, but all the RSS items and contents will remain.
    Mike J, Dec 14, 2005
  4. Mike J

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Mike J wrote:

    > This is only a draft. We are in the process of improving the spec. The
    > spec will get clear and accurate. And the schema will come soon.
    > The RSS2.0 seems not extensible, but you can still plug in other
    > protocol to work with RSS. Our protocol is just for this purpose. It
    > will not change any RSS element and attributes, RSS2.0 is still
    > RSS2.0. For agents do not support this extension, only lost the
    > hierarchical structure skeleton, but all the RSS items and contents
    > will remain.

    Even a draft should be published in the accepted format and with proper
    backup. An Andy suggested, it would be a good idea to study how these
    things are done before trying to publicise the work.

    ///Peter
    Peter Flynn, Dec 14, 2005
  5. Mike J

    Mike J Guest