RSS extensions for hierarchical structured data

Andy Dingley

We'd like to hear comment.

No you wouldn't ! I'm amazed. An RSS psec that's even more badly
written than one of Winer's. Learn how to write a decent protocol spec.

What's the content model of these elements? What are the permitted data
types ? Where's the schema / DTD ?

How does this extension to RSS 2.0 fit with the non-extensible nature of
RSS 2.0? How many of RSS 2.0's mandatory constraints are you breaking
by using this extension? How is this extension processed in the
context of agents that don't support it?

Mike J

This is only a draft. We are in the process of improving the spec. The
spec will get clear and accurate. And the schema will come soon.
The RSS2.0 seems not extensible, but you can still plug in other
protocol to work with RSS. Our protocol is just for this purpose. It
will not change any RSS element and attributes, RSS2.0 is still RSS2.0.
For agents do not support this extension, only lost the hierarchical
structure skeleton, but all the RSS items and contents will remain.

Peter Flynn

Mike said:
This is only a draft. We are in the process of improving the spec. The
spec will get clear and accurate. And the schema will come soon.
The RSS2.0 seems not extensible, but you can still plug in other
protocol to work with RSS. Our protocol is just for this purpose. It
will not change any RSS element and attributes, RSS2.0 is still
RSS2.0. For agents do not support this extension, only lost the
hierarchical structure skeleton, but all the RSS items and contents
will remain.

Even a draft should be published in the accepted format and with proper
backup. An Andy suggested, it would be a good idea to study how these
things are done before trying to publicise the work.

///Peter