ruby 1.8.7 from source

neubyr

I need to install ruby 1.8.7 on CentOS 5.5 x86_64 system. I am
planning to install it from source, but I am not sure whether this
will install rdoc, ri and ruby-devel as well. I couldn't figure it out
from 'configure --help' command. Appreciate any help regarding this
issue. Also, any other installation options or repository suggestions
are welcome.

thanks,
neuby.r

Jeremy Bopp

I need to install ruby 1.8.7 on CentOS 5.5 x86_64 system. I am
planning to install it from source, but I am not sure whether this
will install rdoc, ri and ruby-devel as well. I couldn't figure it out
from 'configure --help' command. Appreciate any help regarding this
issue. Also, any other installation options or repository suggestions
are welcome.

Use rvm:

https://rvm.beginrescueend.com/

-Jeremy